How to amplify your cause (Video)
1. Quality of your donations page is an important factor when it comes to getting donations. By quality we mean taking the time to tell your fundraising story. Taking the time to upload many photos about your cause. If you expect visitors to take the time to donate, you should take the time to creating a quality donation page.
2. Use high quality photos. Any smartphone these days will enable you to take quality photos. Quality photos are easy, if you know a few secrets. Take photos during the sunset or sunrise. The idea is to avoid harsh shadows that are caused by direct sunlight- and make sure everyone is in focus.
3. Upload many photos including group photos – Upload photos of friends and family related to the cause. If you are raising funds for an individual, you will want to include the community that is involved. By uploading many photos including friends and family this will increase the quality of your story and increase overall engagement and donations.
4. Create a video for your cause – Video gives depth to your story, and depth is what will influence visitors to donate. The same tips for photos apply to video, avoid direct sunlight and shoot during sunset and sunrise. Make sure there is little background noise so user can clearly hear you. Place your camera or smartphone on sometime stable to prevent the video from shacking. Your video doesn’t need to be long either, 1-2 mins. Watch how Naada used a video to raise over $28,000 for medical bills.
5. Tell us about the origin of your cause – Details about the origin of your cause will give visitors perspective about the importance of donating. An engaging story will give trust to new visitors to donate and increase overall engagement and sharing of your cause too.
6. Provide a itemized list of where donations will go – Below is an example of an itemized list for a medical donation page. This can be used for memorial fundraising, marathon fundraising and more.
Where your donation will go:
Jan 10 • Emergency room triage, sutures, x-rays $1400
Jan 15 • Hand surgeon, splints, follow up visits $4850
Feb 2 • Anesthesiologist $1600
Feb 9 • Beth Israel Hospital $3250
7. A relevant and high quality donation page will enable new visitors to quickly draw the connection between you and the cause. By building this trust you will increase the urgency to donate. This is why we suggest, adding many photos of friends and relatives. Providing the full history and story behind your cause.
8. Announce your cause AFTER you have a few donations. This means get a few close friends to donate before you announce your cause. Also mention in your bio section who specifically has already donated and how you appreciate their support. Adding such details now new potential supporters will want to join and support your cause.